Personal data that we process
The following table explains the types of data we collect and the legal basis, under current data protection legislation, on which this data is processed.
Enquiring about our organisation and its work: Name, email, message
Subscribing to email updates about our work: Name, email – only if you have given your active consent.
Making a donation: Name, email, address, payment information
Website functionality: Website activity collected through cookies
How we use your data
We will only use your data in a manner that is appropriate considering the basis on which that data was collected.
We may use your personal information to:
- reply to enquiries you send to us; it is necessary for us to read and store your message so that we can respond in the way that you would expect.
- handle donations or other transactions that you initiate;this information is necessary for us to fulfill your intention of donating money and your expectation of receiving a confirmation message.
- where you have specifically agreed to this, send you marketing communications by email relating to our work which we think may be of interest to you.
- for Website functionality; Website activity collected through cookies. It is necessary for us to store a small amount of information, usually through cookies, to deliver functionality that you would expect, such as remembering the contents of your order before you have fully completed the process.
When we share your data
We will never share your data with third parties without your specific consent. We will only pass your data to third parties in the following circumstances:
- you have provided your explicit consent for us to pass data to a named third party;
- we are required by law to share your data.
How long we keep your data
We take the principles of data minimisation and removal seriously and have internal policies in place to ensure that we only ever ask for the minimum amount of data for the associated purpose and delete that data promptly once it is no longer required.
Where data is collected on the basis of consent, we will seek renewal of consent at least every three years.
Rights you have over your data
You have a range of rights over your data, which include the following:
- Where data processing is based on consent, you may revoke this consent at any
time and we will make it as easy as possible for you to do this.
- You have the right to ask for rectification and/or deletion of your information.
- You have the right of access to your information.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint if you feel your rights have been infringed.